Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions

I like to make resolutions for the New Year.  I feel like it gives me some focus, some direction, even if it only lasts for a week or so (just kidding).

This year we've had a number of changes that are causing me to reevaluate some of the things I do habitually, and I thought I would share them just as an opportunity to get them out there.  Kind of like sending them to the universe to see what it sends back.

Here they are:

1.  Be more open.  You can learn a lot by just listening, and even when you don't agree with what the other person is saying, you may get some insight.

2.  Relax. It may not all get done, but if I don't enjoy it, what's the point?

3.  Spend more time with friends and family.

4.  Finish some of those projects I have packed away (like that quilt that just needs a binding...)

5.  Plant a community garden.  This is my big one for this year, and it's going to take a community to get it done. Check out our blog for progress reports.

6.  Learn how to ferment.  I've done some rudimentary fermenting (carrots and such) but I'm far from being competent.  I'd like to feel more comfortable.

7.  Be less critical.  It's easy to criticize what other people are doing, but not so easy to do it yourself.  I salute those who put themselves out there, whether I agree with them or not.

8.  Worry less.  I'm a worrier.  It drives me crazy, raises my blood pressure, and accomplishes nothing, so I'm over it.  I'll let you know how I do :-)

9.  Try some recipes I've always wanted to make.  I've been pinning to my Pinterest board for more than a year, and there are a number of things on there I've not yet attempted, so bring it on!

There's something about the new year that always seems clean, unsullied and beckoning.  I'm wishing each of you a 2014 that brings you closer to where you really want to be!  Happy New Year!

                       Love,

                               Trish



No comments: