Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Natural Sleep Enhancers for the Closet Insomniac


Have you ever had insomnia?  I've had it in a BAD way the past few years, and I guess it's expected as we get older and our bodies change.  But I still hate it.  There have been days when I can't keep my eyes open but as soon as I lay down, I know it's hopeless.

I've tried numerous things with small amounts of success, and finally turned to some of my blogger friends for their input.  They sent me some great ideas, and I decided to put them all together in one place for easy perusal.  Enjoy - and sweet dreams!

1.  Everyone should try these steps.  Sometimes changing your routine can make the most difference.
Natural Remedies for Insomnia, from Happy Mothering

2.  Check out Real Food RN for some lighting software for your computer - I downloaded it today.
15 Sleep Enhancing Tips That Really Work!

3. This has made such a difference for me, and for my husband as well!  Taking calcium before bedtime gets two thumbs up :)  Insomnia, Calcium & Stress Hormones from Butter Nutrition

4.  A great discussion of supplements and what they can do for you from Healthy Living How To:  Sleep and Stress: Why You're Not Sawing Logs

5.  I'll give this a try.  I love that she explains the science behind each ingredient and why you should use it, and I'm always up for a warm drink before bed.  Sleepy Milk from Butter Believer

6.  Some websites tell you to avoid sugar before bed, but this is an interesting discussion of how to use it to your advantage.  I made this today - so simple!  How to Fall Back Asleep by Butter Believer

7.  Lastly - if you think low magnesium might be the culprit, Food Renegade has instructions for making your own magnesium oil.  Very easy - not expensive, and if you have sore muscles you can spray it right where you need it!  It goes a long way so just make small amount to start.  How to Make Magnesium Oil

What do you do to help you sleep?

No comments: