Sunday, September 25, 2011

Driving...

Today I drove north to pick up my raw milk from a local farm.  The farm is about an hour's drive from my home, but this is something my family is committed to because of the health benefits that stem from drinking raw milk.  We try to purchase as little processed food as possible, but sometimes it's more difficult than others.  And when we run out of milk, well...sometimes we just wait until we can get to the farm.
Note the cream line...
The first thing I did when I got home was shake up that jug (it's not homogenized, so the cream floats to the top) and pour myself a big glass.  The taste is fabulous, and I'm reminded why I've added this three-hour task to my to-do list.

Hopefully, Texas will loosen the restrictions on this wonderful food and make it more readily available.  The downside of this is that if you buy it from a grocery store you never meet the farmer.   Either way, I'm very glad I've found a farmer I can trust.

No comments: